The quality of lighting in the workplace can have a major impact on employees — increasing or decreasing productivity by up to 50 percent. This is important for the business as a whole, as well as for the well-being and efficiency of each individual employee.
The selection of lighting levels for shopping malls, shopping centers and offices varies depending on the nature of the task and the room where the work is being done. For example, assembling small parts, technical drawings, checking data, require a lot of light. On the other hand, loading or unloading goods, working with materials or packaging, do not need it as much. Light for a store will be different from light for an accounting office or production.
By approaching the issue responsibly, you will get:
- reducing the risk of accidents at work, including health problems;
- better concentration;
- increased productivity due to increased work speed and improved accuracy.
- an active and cheerful team atmosphere.
We suggest you read the recommendations that will help now!
Make the most of daylight!
Natural lighting for offices is the most effective way to boost team productivity. Daylighting boosts morale like nothing else, and it’s free. Study the layout of your workplace, the needs of your employees, and then:
- Place equipment/equipment/computers near windows, move employees whose activities require constant concentration to them.
- If possible, add additional windows to the workspace;
Before planning and installing windows in walls and roofs, consider the optimal height, width, and location. You can get more light if you place the window high on the wall. Don’t forget about curtains and blinds.
Use spot lighting
Spot lighting has many advantages. It needs less energy for optimum brightness because it decreases exponentially with distance from the light source. Here are a few recommendations on how to use it effectively:
- install table lamps, lamps, and floor lamps in the office;
- place and direct the light so that it illuminates the workplace;
- use mobile stands or flexible brackets;
- combine general and local lighting;
- zoning your workspace — light should be different for work and leisure areas;
- in the office, glare and ripple factors are very important. The lower they are, the more comfortable employees will work. In all our luminaires, this indicator complies with the
- norms of the DBN and GOST. Also, linear office luminaires are equipped with a film providing a UGR of less than 19, which «cuts off» unnecessary rays and helps avoid glare in the eyes.
The best option for the workplace is LED. LED fixtures consume little energy, emit no heat, and are environmentally friendly.
The cost of the initial installation of LED lighting is higher than with incandescent or fluorescent fixtures, but the long-term investment yields the best return on investment.
One last tip that does not directly apply to lighting fixtures. Notice what color the walls in your office are? Glossy white painted surfaces can reflect 100% of the light, while today’s trendy black ones reflect no light at all. Use white or very light shades on ceilings, walls, desks and equipment and you will notice how the productivity and mood of your employees will go up!
Contact the employees of our company, you will always get competent advice for your business!